This section contains information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) designed to support local health-care providers. Lambton Public Health provides recommendations and resources based on best practices, available evidence, and in the interest of employee and community health. The COVID-19 situation and Ontario Ministry of Health recommendations for health-care professionals are evolving rapidly. Please check this webpage frequently for updates.
Congregate Living Settings, such as group homes, face unique challenges in reducing and controlling COVID-19. This page offers specific guidance for these settings as we continue to respond to COVID-19. Continue to check back with Lambton Public Health for the most up-to-date information. Contact Lambton Public Health with questions, guidance, and support at 519-383-8331 or CovidInquiries@county-lambton.on.ca.You can also connect with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services by calling: 519-438-5111 or visiting their website.
This page does not deal with long-term care or retirement home guidance. Please go here to see guidance on long-term care and retirement homes.
Stay up-to-date with Ontario’s COVID-19 response and Updated Public Health measures. .
- Direction for congregate care settings – Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
- COVID-19 Provincial Testing Guidance Update – Ministry of Health
- COVID-19 Guidance: Congregate Living for Vulnerable Populations – Ministry of Health
- COVID-19 Resources for Congregate Living Settings – Public Health Ontario
- Risk Algorithm to Guide PPE Use – Public Health Ontario
- COVID-19 Guidance for MCCSS-funded and Licensed Congregate Living Settings – Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services