Gathering sizes are limited to the current step Ontario’s reopening plan, a cautious three-step approach that will guide a safe and gradual re-opening of the Province.
The Province will remain in each of these steps for at least 21 days to evaluate any impacts on key public health indicators. If at the end of the 21 days, if the case and vaccination thresholds have been met, alongside positive trends of other key public health and health system indicators, then the Province will move forward.
Step 1 – June 11, 12:01am
- Outdoor gatherings up to 10 people;
- Outdoor gatherings up to 25 people;
- Expanding access to indoor settings, with restrictions, including where there are larger numbers of people and where face coverings can’t always be worn.
Setting-Specific Gathering & Capacity Limits
During each re-opening step there are setting-specific gathering and capacity limits. Please see the Province’s Roadmap To Reopen for setting-specific details at each step.
Please remember to protect and support one another. We are all in this together and it’s only by working together that we can get through this.
Frequently Asked Questions
• All organized public events and social gatherings. Additional setting-specific details can be found on the provincial website.
• People at their place of work, including performers and crews, do not count towards gathering limits.
• Indoor gathering limits apply to events that are fully or partially indoors. Indoor events and gatherings cannot be combined with an outdoor event or gathering to increase the applicable gathering size.
- Social Gatherings and Tips for COVID-Safer Indoor Gatherings – Lambton Public Health
- How to Practice Physical Distancing – Public Health Agency of Canada
- COVID-19: Physical Distancing Video – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Reduce your risk – Grocery and Retail Stores (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Office Settings (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Outdoor and Public Spaces (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Takeout and Delivery (infographic) – Lambton Public Health