Effective Monday, March 15th, Lambton County is in the Grey – Lockdown Level of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework.
The following gathering limitations are in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in our community:
Events and social gatherings in private homes, backyards or parks (for example, barbeques):
- No indoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household.
- Individuals who live alone, including seniors, may consider having exclusive, close contact with another household to help reduce the negative impacts of social isolation
- 10 people, where physical distancing can be maintained
- Limits for religious services rites or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services, where physical distancing can be maintained (applies in any venue other than a private dwelling):
- 15% total capacity indoors
- 50 people outdoors
PLEASE NOTE: While outdoor gatherings of certain sizes are permissible under the Grey – Lockdown level, staying home is still the best way to protect yourself and others. You are strongly advised to:
- stay home as much as possible
- avoid social gatherings
- limit close contacts to your household
- work from home if possible, and allow your employees to work from home if they can
- avoid travel except for essential reasons
We all have a role to play in reducing the risk of COVID-19 in our community. Through your continued support and practice of public health safety measures we can keep everyone in Lambton County safe and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
• All organized public events and social gatherings. Additional setting-specific details can be found on the provincial website.
• People at their place of work, including performers and crews, do not count towards gathering limits.
• Indoor gathering limits apply to events that are fully or partially indoors. Indoor events and gatherings cannot be combined with an outdoor event or gathering to increase the applicable gathering size.
- Social Gatherings and Tips for COVID-Safer Indoor Gatherings – Lambton Public Health
- How to Practice Physical Distancing – Public Health Agency of Canada
- COVID-19: Physical Distancing Video – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Reduce your risk – Grocery and Retail Stores (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Office Settings (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Outdoor and Public Spaces (infographic) – Lambton Public Health
- Reduce your risk – Takeout and Delivery (infographic) – Lambton Public Health