Appointments are required for testing and assessment to limit group sizes and keep everyone safe
- I have just been tested for COVID-19, now what?
- Public Assessment Centres
- Pharmacy Testing Centres
- School Testing Centres
- Test Results
- Frequently Asked Questions
Testing determines if an individual currently has COVID-19 and it does not reflect past illness for COVID-19. As per the provincial announcement on October 2nd, access to all testing and assessment centres are by appointment only.
Public Assessment Centres
Public Assessment Centres may be accessed by appointment by anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or are individuals who do not have symptoms but are at high risk for COVID-19 due to close contact with confirmed cases.
Individuals who SHOULD get tested:
- Individuals who have at least one symptom of COVID-19.
- Individuals without symptoms who have had ongoing, close contact with a confirmed positive case while they have been infectious or have had similar acquisition exposure to the case (i.e. through work or social settings).
- Individuals without symptoms who are contacts of an outbreak investigation.
- Individuals without symptoms but part of high-risk populations such as staff and residents at Long-Term Care facilities.
- Individuals without symptoms who have had exposure to a confirmed case but do not share acquisition exposure.
- Individuals visiting a Long-Term Care facility for an indoor visit.
- Individuals who need to confirm they are COVID negative before international travel.
Individuals who SHOULD NOT get tested:
- Low risk individuals who are not experiencing symptoms.
- Low risk individuals who have not had close contact with a confirmed case of been in a setting with known exposure.
- Individuals visiting a Long-Term Care facility for an outdoor visit.
All additional guidance can be found on the Ministry of Health’s updated guidance document.
All Public Assessment Centres are accessed by appointment only. Please follow the instructions below to book an appointment at a location you choose.
Sarnia Lambton COVID-19 Assessment Centres
(1) Twin Bridges Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
153 Christina Street South, Sarnia
Book your appointment: www.tbnplc.com
Phone for appointments ONLY if they have no access to internet.
French and sign language is available.
- Monday to Thursday – 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(2) Rapids COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Rapids Family Health Team
1150 Pontiac Drive, Sarnia
Please book online by going to app.getcorigan.ca. Booking will be available starting Sunday, October 4th, 2020.
Choose from available times and schedule tests when it is convenient for you. If unable to book online, call: 519-491-5395
- Monday to Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Rural Lambton COVID-19 Assessment Centres
(3) Plympton-Wyoming Health & Wellness Centre
596 Broadway Street, Wyoming
Please book online by going to app.getcorigan.ca.
Choose from available times and schedule tests when it is convenient for you.
If unable to book online, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish and Arabic language is available.
- Monday to Thursday – 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday – Closed
- Monday to Friday – 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Indigenous Health Centre – Assessment Centre for Indigenous Peoples
*Indigenous Health Centres are only offering testing to members of their First Nation Communities.
Pharmacy Testing Centres
COVID-19 testing is available at select pharmacies only if you are not showing symptoms (asymptomatic) and meet any of the following criteria:
- will be visiting a long-term care home
- are a worker or resident of a specific outbreak site, including a long-term care home, retirement home or school
- are eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative as determined by the Ministry of Health or Ministry of Long-term Care, similar to the earlier campaign to target long-term care homes
You will need to call a participating pharmacy to book an appointment.
- 260 Indian Rd, Sarnia – Shoppers Drug Mart – 519-337-3727
- 481 London Rd, Sarnia – Hogan Pharmacy – 519-332-1032
- 1206 Michigan Ave, Sarnia – Shoppers Drug Mart – 519-541-9064
- 2600 Lakeshore Rd, Bright’s Grove – Shoppers Drug Mart – 519-869-4224
Find your closest Ontario testing location to get a COVID-19 test. Search by postal code.
Testing for Travel
Locations offering COVID-19 tests for international travel:
*note that this test is not covered by OHIP (approximate cost is $199) and proof of a negative test is required pre-departure.
On January 29th The Government of Canada released details of enhanced travel restrictions to prevent further introduction and transmission of COVID-19 and new variants of the virus into Canada.
- A 72-hour pre-arrival testing requirement for travellers seeking entry by land, with limited exceptions such as commercial truckers.
- A 72-hour pre-departure testing requirement for all travellers five years of age or older seeking entry to Canada by air.
- Flight suspensions to and from specific countries.
- International passenger flights will land at the following 4 airports only: Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport, Calgary International Airport, and Vancouver International Airport.
- All air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival, at their own cost.
School Testing Centres
At this time, school testing centres are closed. Re-opening will be assessed as needed at a later date.
If a test is required please book an appointment with a Public Assessment Centre.
Helping Children Understand the Steps to a COVID-19 Test.
Think you have symptoms?
Lambton Public Health will contact you only if you have a positive COVID-19 test result. All individuals can access their test results from the provincial website: covid-19.ontario.ca.
Test results are typically available in 2-10 days and depends on testing volume at the time. Lambton Public Health does not receive test results sooner than what is available on the provincial website. Please only call Lambton Public Health for test results if:
- You or your dependents do not have a health card
- Your test result is taking longer than 10 days
- You are unable to access the website
If you have difficulties accessing the portal for your test result, please call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331.
If you have received a negative test result, please continue to follow public health safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Direction will be provided if you have a positive COVID-19 test result.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please reference this Access to COVID-19 Testing flowchart to help determine which testing location is right for you. We will update this resource as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please give us a call at 519-383-8331.
If you have any symptoms, you need to self-isolate until you have no symptoms for at least 24 hours and have received a negative test result. If you don’t have symptoms and you have not been told to self-isolate, please continue to self-monitor yourself for symptoms until you receive your results.
View more information about what happens after you get tested.
The test can only tell you if you have COVID-19 at the time of the test. The test will not tell you if you had COVID-19 in the past.
You can use the online portal, and enter your information to receive your test result. If your test result is positive, you will be contacted by Lambton Public Health for follow-up.
You should get retested if you develop symptoms. Please contact the assessment centre to schedule another test.
If you require COVID-19 testing prior to a surgery, consult with your healthcare provider. Testing will either be performed at Bluewater Health as part of your preadmission clinic or at LifeLabs via a referral from your healthcare provider.