Testing determines if an individual currently has COVID-19 and it does not reflect past illness for COVID-19. Testing is available at all COVID-19 Assessment Centres for anyone regardless if you have symptoms or not. This includes individuals who:
- has at least one symptom of COVID-19, even mild symptom(s)
- is asymptomatic but concerned they may have been exposed to COVID-19
- is asymptomatic but at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment
If you think you have COVID-19 please self-isolate, avoid contact with others and proceed with the following:
- Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- Contact your healthcare provider
- Visit a COVID-19 Assessment Centre in Lambton County
Assessment Centres can be found at the following locations. Please call ahead to confirm testing unless otherwise noted in the listing.
Sarnia Lambton COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Twin Bridges Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
153 Christina Street South, Sarnia
French and sign language availability.
- Monday to Thursday – 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Scheduled appointments or walk-in requests accepted.
No scheduled drive-thru options on these days.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Drive-thru access – no appointment required.
Access the drive-thru – approach from south end of Front Street, only right-turns will be allowed in.
Rural Lambton COVID-19 Assessment Centre
Central Lambton Family Health Team
4130 Glenview Road, Petrolia
Spanish and Arabic language availability
Please call to pre-register, this is a drive-thru assessment centre.
- Monday to Friday – 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Grand Bend Area Community Assessment Centre
Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre
69 Main St. E, Grand Bend
- Monday to Friday – 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Indigenous Health Centre – Assessment Centre for Indigenous Peoples
Timing of results from tests may vary based on prioritization needs.
- If you have received a negative test result, please continue to follow public health safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Lambton Public Health will contact you if a positive test result has been confirmed.
Check Your Lab Results – Ontario Ministry of Health
- If you have difficulties accessing the portal please call Lambton Public Health for your test results or if you have questions at 519-383-8331.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any symptoms, you need to self-isolate until you have no symptoms for at least 24 hours. If you don’t have symptoms and you have not been told to self-isolate, please continue to self-monitor yourself for symptoms until you receive your results.
The test can only tell you if you have COVID-19 at the time of the test. The test will not tell you if you had COVID-19 in the past.
You can use the online portal, and enter your information to receive your test result. If your test result is positive, you will be contacted by Lambton Public Health for follow-up.
You should get retested if you develop symptoms. Please contact the assessment centre to schedule another test.