Navigating schools, child care, and day camps as we continue to manage COVID-19 is a challenging task which requires teamwork and resiliency. We created this space for educators, providers, and families to find updated resources and guidance from the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. These resources are intended to support your families and teams to mitigate risks of transmission related to COVID-19. Please consider the following tips for implementation:
- Be practical – measures that have too many steps, are too complicated or too challenging to operationalize may not be sustainable and may not have much impact on disease transmission.
- Be kind – measures that aren’t implemented with kindness and caring intent will erode the social and emotional environment of your school/child care facility.
Schools & Child Care
Ministry Recommendations & Guidance
- COVID-19: Health, Safety and Operational Guidance for Schools (2021-2022) – Ontario Ministry of Education
- Operational Guidance for Child Care During COVID-19 Outbreak – Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ontario Operational Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak: EarlyON Reopening – Ontario Ministry of Education
- Policies and Guidelines: Before and After School Programs Kindergarten – Grade 6 – Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ontario COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool – Ontario Ministry of Health
- COVID-19: Health and Safety Measures at Schools – Ontario Ministry of Education
- COVID-19: Keeping schools safe – Government of Ontario
- Support student’s mental health during COVID-19 – School Mental Health Ontario
- School and COVID-19 resources – Public Health Ontario
- COVID-19 Public Health School Safety Plan Checklist – Lambton Public Health
- Have questions? Submit inquiries to email@example.com.
- For operations/funding inquiries contact the County of Lambton’s Social Planning & Children’s Services Department.