How to access the course:
*Complete the pre-course survey to receive access to the e-learning course.
The Age-Friendly Best Practices for Business and Service Providers E-Learning Course is for client service representatives who work with older adults and people with disabilities. This course will encourage learners to evaluate personal bias and incorporate age-friendly best practices into their service standards and workplace environment.
Chapters and Description:
This self-study program will cover the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Age-Friendly Workplace
- Chapter 2: Enhancing the Older Adult Client Experience
- Chapter 3: How can I Advocate for At-Risk Clients?
- Chapter 4: What Community Supports are Available?
- Chapter 5: Conclusion and Evaluation
NOTE: This comprehensive certificate course will take approximately 3 hours to complete. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting – take a break and come back at any time; this course autosaves for you.
The e-learning course will:
- Support the largest growing demographic in Sarnia-Lambton, adults 55+
- Educate staff and volunteers on providing inclusive client and customer service based on the needs of an aging population
- Identify barriers for older adults, caregivers, and service providers from their own experience and perspectives
- Address and encourage change in the workforce
- Teach best practices for age-friendly environments, interactions, and system navigation improvements
- Help embed a healthy aging lens into the delivery of programs and services in our community
“This training is an excellent opportunity for businesses and service providers to check-in to ensure that they are providing the best service to seniors. This training provides up-to-date resources that are relevant and timely for the aging population.”
– Chair, Sarnia-Lambton Elder Abuse Awareness Network
“The Age-Friendly Best Practices for Business and Service Providers certification course is an easy and informative way for organizations to embed a healthy aging lens into the delivery of programs and services in our community. The resources and assessment tools included in the course will help support the needs of our aging population. It’s free and you can complete each chapter at your own pace!”
– Supervisor Health Promotion
“This training course delivers tangible and immediate Age-Friendly approached for all businesses and service providers. Whether you are new to the age-friendly initiative and older adult population or well versed, there is a great array of information and knowledge to be learned.”
– Owner, Social Worker, Senior Transitions Made Simple
“I am a retired senior. I will now be an even stronger advocate for the other seniors in my life, with knowledge gleaned from this training.”
“Your company is only as good as your best employees, investing in employee training helps organization’s thrive, this course is a great training option.”
Please download and share this Promotional Poster at your workplace or organization.