As a community, we need to protect the most vulnerable. Many young children are susceptible to respiratory viruses, and adults can transmit them. Families and individuals that support children under five years of age need to use extra caution to limit exposure.
Children aged two to five should only wear a mask with supervision if they can safely tolerate masking and can put it on and take it off. It is very important to use basic actions to reduce the spread of respiratory illness. It will be essential for our health care system and capacity to support individuals with severe illness.
– Stay up to date with your vaccines
– Screen for respiratory symptoms daily
– Take a Covid Test
– Stay home when you are sick
– Always practice good hand hygiene and regularly clean surfaces
– Mask indoors (public settings), including schools and childcare settings
Respiratory Illness Precautions
Everyone over the age of 6 months is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine and Influenza vaccine.
Find out what to do if you are feeling sick or have been in contact with a positive case.
Local COVID-19 Surveillance Report
Your Community, Your Health