Phone Access Limitations
We are currently experiencing a high volume of phone calls. Some calls may not connect until a line becomes available. Please continue to call back.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Restricted Access to Lambton Public Health
Staff are being redirected to support the COVID-19 response, and as a result, some routine programs and services are suspended or modified with new access requirements.
The following changes will be implemented as of Friday March 20, 2020.
Office restrictions or closures:
- Lambton Public Health – main office at 160 Exmouth Street in Point Edward will be restricted to the public by appointment only. Call-in options are available.
- Petrolia sub-office at 450 Blanche St. will be CLOSED.
- Forest sub-office at 59 King St. W. will be CLOSED.
Suspended programs or services:
- Prenatal Classes
- Ask a Public Health Nurse: Parent Drop-In sessions
- Early ON Drop-in support
- School Screening for Dental or Vision
- Routine/School Immunizations
- TB tests for employment or education
- All drop-in clinic visits
Modified access to some programs or services
Services are provided during standard business hours of 8:30 .a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please note wait times may vary due to a current high volume of calls.
Sexual Health Clinic
The Sexual Health Clinic will remain available for urgent needs, including dispensing birth control, sexually transmitted infection treatment (STI), pregnancy options counselling, and emergency contraception.
Clients are required to call in advance to discuss their needs with a nurse prior to visiting Lambton Public Health. Clients will not be seen on a drop-in basis.
Call 519-383-8331 ext. 3547
Harm Reduction Supplies
The Harm Reduction Program will be available to distribute supplies, including Naloxone kits.
Please use the North Entrance of the building to ring the doorbell for assistance.
North Entrance (ring the door bell for service)
Clients, both seniors and children, with urgent dental (oral health) concerns that are causing pain are encouraged to call.
Family Health Line
No in-person consultations at this time. Lambton Public Health continues to offer parents support through our Family Health Line, Monday- Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Breastfeeding or infant feeding support
- Child growth and development
- Parenting concerns
Food Handler Training
All in-class LPH Food Handler Courses and Exams are cancelled.
Water Sample Testing
Please call in advance to make arrangements to drop off well water samples at our main office, 160 Exmouth St., Point Edward.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.,
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Charlotte Eleanor Englehart Hospital Lab (Basement), 450 Blanche St., Petrolia
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Beach Water Quality
Beach Status Reports – Beach water quality monitoring begins Monday, June 22, 2020 at public beaches and continues until the end of August.
Learn more about vector-borne disease. The monitoring and surveillance of vector-borne disease has been modified:
- Tick samples not collected at this time
- Tick identification can be completed through these steps:
- Take a photo and access eTick.ca for identification of the tick.
- Be aware of signs and symptoms of Lyme disease. Contact your health-care provider if you are experiencing symptoms after a finding a tick on a person.
West Nile Virus (WNV) Disease
- Dead bird reporting no longer collected
- Mosquito larviciding of catch basins begins June 29
- Mosquito trap surveillance and reporting begins early July
- Health system monitoring of human cases is ongoing
Garden Fresh Box
Site locations available may change over time. Please view a current list on LambtonPublicHealth.ca or call LPH.
- Reopening Ontario – Ontario is gradually reopening businesses, services and public spaces on a regional basis as progress is made in the fight against COVID-19.
- Reopening Schools – Find out what to expect as schools reopen for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Reopening Child Care – Learn how Ontario will keep children, parents and staff safe
- Reopening Courts – Learn how Ontario will keep the public and staff safe as courtrooms reopen,
Learn how other government services have changed in response to COVID-19
Recommendations & Guidance Documents
- Canada’s COVID-19 Response – For general information on Canada’s response to COVID-19
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan – For more detailed information on Canada’s response to COVID-19
- Changes to Taxes and Benefits
- Current Border Measures