Although health-care providers are primarily focused on treatment, both health-care providers and public health have a collaborative role in preventing disease and injury, and promoting the health and well-being of Lambton County residents.
Lambton Public Health (LPH) works with its community partners and health-care providers to build a health-promoting system of health care. We are committed to offering up-to-date, evidence-based information and resources on key public health topics to optimize positive outcomes for clients. LPH offers information in various ways:
- Providing tools and guidelines: forms, clinics and health reports that can help you to promote health
- Sharing recalls or safety alerts
- Circulating information on events and educational opportunities
Our Primary-care Provider Engagement Team conducts brief, in-person visits twice a year based on shared priority topics. Your liaison can then connect you to the information you need, as you need it.
If you are an HCP, log in or register an online account to access specific, evidence-based resources for HCPs.
Contact Lambton Public Health if you:
- Would like to connect with a member of our Primary-care Provider Engagement Team
- Have suggestions for potential collaborative opportunities between LPH and local HCPs