If you are ready to quit and looking for help, here are some quit smoking supports near you.
Contact your health-care provider
- Your physician can offer advice about quitting and can provide you with information about medication that can help.
- Some Family Health Teams (FHT), Community Health Centres (CHC) and Nurse Practitioner Led (NP) Clinics in Lambton County offer quit smoking counselling and free nicotine replacement therapy.
If you are not a member of a FHT or CHC, you may be eligible for a program provided by these agencies:
Pharmacy Smoking Cessation Program
If you receive your medications through the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) program, check with your pharmacist to see if they are offering free quit support through this program. You may be eligible for Zyban or Champix under the ODB program.
Phone and Online Resources:
Smokershelpline.ca – free, bilingual service 24/7
- Phone service: Care Coach Assistants available 24/7, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Access online: SmokersHelpline.ca
- Text messaging services: Text iQuit to 123456 to register.
Talk Tobacco – Indigenous Quit Smoking and Vaping Support
Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation Community Program – Free, over the phone support with 6 weeks of nicotine replacement therapy
Stop on the NET – CAMH: Free, online support with 4 weeks of nicotine replacement therapy