Point Edward, ON — Eligible older adults (65 years old-plus) living in Lambton County can now apply for free, routine dental care.
Lambton Public Health (LPH) is supporting access to the new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program to help lower-income seniors remain healthy. The dental clinic is coming soon to LPH.
To begin the eligibility process, choose one of the following:
- Apply online through Ontario.ca/SeniorsDental
- Pick up a form from Lambton Public Health, 160 Exmouth St., Point Edward
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Contact us directly at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839
To be eligible, seniors must:
- be 65 years or older
- be an Ontario resident
- meet the following program income requirements:
- annual net income of $19,300 or less for a single senior
- combined annual net income of $32,300 or less for a couple
- not have access to any dental benefits (e.g. private insurance, or government program)
Covered services include:
- Preventive services (e.g., cleanings)
- Restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- Oral surgery services to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- Endodontic services to treat infection and pain
- Periodontal services to treat gum conditions and diseases
Prosthodontic services, including dentures, are partially covered, but not free.
Accessible transportation to and from Lambton Public Health will be available for those in need.
To learn more, contact Lambton Public Health, visit www.LambtonPublicHealth.ca or Ontario.ca/SeniorsDental.
Manager, Family Health
County of Lambton
519-383-8331, ext. 3505