Lambton Public Health focuses on working with the health system to encourage health-care providers to work toward prevention of disease in addition to treatment. This includes but is not limited to:
- Getting patients to quit smoking, as well as treating disease caused by smoking
- Screening children for growth and development flags – early detection and early therapy for speech and language delays can improve the quality of lives
- Seeing patients in the context of their lives, and considering their values and expectations in decisions about their health
Lambton Public Health works with health-care providers in various ways:
- Providing vaccines and ensuring they are kept in the right conditions for effectiveness
- Engaging providers to reduce opioid prescribing
- Requiring reporting of important infectious diseases
- Encouraging routine cancer screening procedures
- Responding to complaints about infection control practices
- Working with regulated colleges to assess and mitigate risks
If you are a health-care provider, log in to access specific information and resources for you.
For more information or questions about our work with health-care providers, contact Lambton Public Health.