Point Edward, ON – Lambton Public Health (LPH) is reporting additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lambton County. We received laboratory notification of two (2) new cases in patients who are hospitalized. These patients, in their 70s and 80s, match the age demographic of others who have been previously identified in the hospital, and the investigation into their contacts is ongoing. LPH will attempt to notify people who have been identified as potential contacts. Note that our outgoing ID is listed as “private”, so you may receive a call from us with this identification.
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and then use Ontario’s Self-Assessment Tool to see if you need to seek further care.
Please consider the severity of symptoms and follow these recommendations:
- If you develop mild symptoms such as a fever or cough, move to self-isolation at home and rest.
- If your symptoms become more severe and you need to seek medical attention call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or your health care provider for assessment. You can also call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331.
- For extremely severe symptoms call 911 or visit the emergency department.
The guidance for COVID-19 testing will continue to focus on the prioritization of those at highest risk. Testing will be prioritized based on critical illness and business continuity needs for essential service providers.
To reduce the community spread of COVID-19:
- Limit the number of people you come into close contact with.
- Avoid crowds and change the time that you go if you find a store to be very crowded.
- Discuss work from home or modified shift arrangements with your employer.
- Avoid non-essential trips and interactions in the community.
- Frequently practice good personal hygiene – wash your hands, cover your cough and sneeze, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands. Disinfect surfaces you frequently touch.
- Stay home if you are sick.
LambtonPublicHealth.ca provides local access to information about COVID-19 including the current situation and resources to support you. Every small thing you can do, and we all do as a community can have a significant impact on others. Limit the community spread of COVID-19
Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
Dr. Sudit Ranade
Medical Officer of Health
County of Lambton