Point Edward, ON – The Boil Water Advisory issued on November 30, 2023 by Dr. Dueck, Medical Officer of Health, for part of the Town of Plympton-Wyoming has now been lifted.
Lambton Public Health has been advised that recent water sample results taken from the Plympton-Wyoming Water Distribution System indicate that the drinking water meets the Ontario Drinking Water Quality Standards and is now safe for human consumption.
Steps to Take After a Boil Water Advisory is Lifted:
- Flush your cold water tap for at least 1 minute before using. If you have been using your water to flush toilets or to take showers and baths, this step is not required.
- Run drinking water fountains for 1 minute before using.
- Flush all garden hoses by running water for 1 minute before using.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water tanks that are set below 45°C (normal setting is 60°C).
- Replace water filters used to filter untreated water.
Questions related to the adverse incident can be directed to the Town of Plympton-Wyoming at 519-845-3939.
For more health information during a Boil Water Advisory, contact Lambton Public Health by calling 519-383-8331 or 1-800-667-1839 or visit our website at www.lambtonpublichealth.ca.