Point Edward, ON – Beginning today, Lambton County residents can begin booking appointments to receive this year’s influenza (flu) vaccine at community clinics.
Appointments can be booked through Lambton Public Health (LPH) at GetTheVaccine.ca. If you require assistance with booking, please contact us at 226-254-8222. Call Centre Hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional vaccination options include participating pharmacies or your healthcare provider.
LPH run clinics will begin on Tuesday, Nov. 1 and take place at the following locations:
- Dawn-Euphemia Community Centre: Nov. 2nd, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Lambton Public Health Main Office: Nov. 5th, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Point Edward Optimist Hall: Nov. 1st, 8th, 15th: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- The Shores Recreation Centre: Nov. 9th: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wyoming Fairgrounds: Nov. 3rd, Nov. 10th: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
“Flu shots are one of many tools we have to help protect the community during respiratory illness season,” said Crystal Palleschi, Supervisor, Health Protection with LPH. “We encourage everyone to stay up to date with their vaccinations to prevent severe outcomes and reduce the strain on our healthcare system.”
Lambton County residents are also encouraged to continue practice the basic learned actions that add additional layers of protection against respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19, RSV, and the flu.
These basic actions include:
- Practicing proper hand hygiene
- Practicing proper respiratory etiquette
- Stay home if you are sick
- Self-screen for symptoms before attending congregate settings
Lambton Public Health also reminds residents that masks are still required in clinical settings. If you can, please continue to mask where required. Please remain home if you are sick and rebook your appointment for a later date.