Healthy adults grow from healthy babies and children.
Lambton Public Health works to help babies and children get the start they need to become healthy teens and healthy adults. Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) is a free, voluntary program for expecting parents, and families with children.
The HBHC program provides support to parents and children from birth until the transition to school so that your child will get a healthy start in life. It includes prenatal support, a follow-up phone call after the birth of your child, home visits and parenting supports from a public health nurse.
A public health nurse who specializes in your child’s health and development can provide:
- Prenatal education and support
- Personalized information and education
- Links to support services in the community
- Early identification and support for healthy child growth and development through screening and assessments
- Support for positive parenting and relationship skill development
If you are expecting, or have a family with young children (birth to transition to school) and are seeking information or support, call our Family Health Line.