Mental health is just as important as physical health. A healthy mind is essential to being happy, confident and positive. Good mental health supports physical and social well-being.
Sometimes, the secret to a healthy mind can be as simple as taking time to enjoy simple pleasures in life:¹,²
- Talk about your feelings – it’s good to get things off your chest
- Help others – kindness releases “feel-good” hormones
- Listen to music that you like
- Take a break and take a walk
- Do something you enjoy. Results can be positive for self-esteem
- Take a minute to be mindful and think about something that you are proud or happy about, and reflect on that experience
- Think about something you are grateful for
We all have ups and downs, and times when we’re overwhelmed by feelings or when things don’t go as planned. If your worries ever get too much for you, and you feel unable to cope, you’re not alone. Talk to a trusted family member or friend, and seek professional help if you think you need it. Help is available.
If you are in an unhealthy relationship seek information and seek help.
- Your mental health; UK
- Think mental health; Australia