Being physically healthy enables you to have better overall health, including in your relationships. You only get one body, so taking care of it is important. By knowing your body, and your family’s health history, you can start to figure out what is “normal” for you.
Here are some tips for taking care of your body:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet with lots of vegetables and fruit
- Keep your immunizations up-to-date
- Don’t use tobacco, vape products, alcohol, or drugs
- Exercise as often as you can
- Stay aware of your emotions and moods
- Get enough sleep
- Wear proper protection at home, work, or play
- See your health-care provider if you think something may be wrong
Learn about your body and physical activity.