Point Edward, ON – The province has announced the County of Lambton is approved to move forward with COVID-19 Stage 2 reopen of some businesses and services starting June 19, 2020.
“Lambton Public Health supports the move forward based on lower transmission rates and cases in the community, and our current health system capacity,” says Dr. Sudit Ranade, Lambton’s Medical Officer of Health. “However, it’s important not to feel pressured to open if businesses and services need to take more time to open safely with proper health and safety measures in place.”
Full details about businesses and services that can open in Stage 2 can be found on the Province of Ontario website.
Businesses and services can access support:
- Provincial resources and guidelines for reopening – ontario.ca/covidsafety
- Local resources, frequently asked questions and information on public health safety measures – LambtonPublicHealth.ca.
If you are accessing businesses and services please contact the location or view their online communications, in order to better understand requirements prior to a visit. The public should continue to practice individual public health safety measures:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Use good hand hygiene
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Practice physical distancing – at least 2 metres (6 feet)
- Consider wearing a face covering or a mask when physical distancing is a challenge
- Follow all safety measures in place at the business
Visit LambtonPublicHealth.ca to view current local COVID-19 information.
Lambton Public Health