Health Supports COVID 19 Response – Some Routine Services Reduced
Thursday March 19, 2020
Point Edward, ON – Due to the expansion of COVID-19 response demands in the community, Lambton Public Health (LPH) has implemented measures to re-direct and re-allocate health unit resources to deal with the current situation.
Staff are being redirected to support the COVID-19 response, and as a result, some routine programs and services are suspended or modified with new access requirements.
The following changes will be implemented as of Friday March 20, 2020.
Office restrictions or closures:
- Lambton Public Health – main office at 160 Exmouth Street in Point Edward will be restricted to the public by appointment only. Call-in options are available.
- Petrolia sub-office at 450 Blanche St. will be CLOSED.
- Forest sub-office at 59 King St. W. will be CLOSED.
Suspended programs or services:
- Prenatal Classes
- Ask a Public Health Nurse: Parent Drop-In sessions
- Early ON Drop-in support
- School Screening for Dental or Vision
- Routine/School Immunizations
- All drop-in clinic visits
Modified access to some programs or services:
- Sexual Health Clinic available for urgent needs – call
- Harm Reduction supplies – North Entrance (door bell and monitored)
- Dental Services for children or adults with urgent concerns causing pain – call
- Family Health Line – call
- Breastfeeding or infant feeding support
- Child growth and development
- Parenting concerns
- Food Handler courses – online options or call
- Water Sample Testing – call
- Garden Fresh Box – call
Call for an appointment or get more information at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839. Services are provided during standard business hours of 8:30 .a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please note wait times may vary due to a current high volume of calls.
For a complete list of program and service modifications visit LambtonPublicHealth.ca.
If you have questions about COVID-19, visit the website or call LPH. Public health staff are available weekdays and weekends during standard business hours for COVID-19 response efforts.
Manager, County of Lambton