Lambton Public Health (LPH) launched the Minds Connected initiative with their community mental health partners in 2017. This project includes a number of activities including:
– Assessment and surveillance of the population focused on mental health including building capacity for data collection and enabling sharing of data between organizations;
– System mapping of mental health services to help improve coordination, access and referrals for patients;
– Sharing of knowledge to educate and raise awareness about mental health and mental illness in the community;
– Gathering information on evidence-informed interventions for mental health promotion;
– Monitoring and reporting of activities through evaluation; and,
– Community engagement and participation.
As a part of this initiative, LPH commissioned Ipsos Public Affairs to conduct a survey among its residents to establish baseline measures for assessing the impact of the Minds Connected program in Lambton County.