Point Edward, ON – Over the past several days, Lambton Public Health has investigated positive cases in three Lambton County schools. Given these cases, and the recent increase in community transmission of COVID-19, Lambton Public Health is encouraging all symptomatic children to be tested.
Since mid-September, Lambton Public Health has offered COVID-19 testing to school-aged children residing and/or attending school in Lambton County. We are happy to announce that we are now able to offer COVID-19 testing to child care-aged children at most locations.
At this time, this School Testing Centre option is available for:
- Children who are unable to attend school or child care due to illness, and requires a test in order to return to school or child care.
- Children and staff from a school or child care who have been notified by Lambton Public Health that they are close contacts of a COVID-19 case.
- Symptomatic child care/school staff, parents and household members of a child who was notified by Lambton Public Health that they are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
Appointments are required and online options are now available.
- Book online by going to app.getcorigan.ca. Choose from available times and book a test when it is convenient for you.
- Call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839.
Please have the following details ready:
- Child and parent/guardian information
- OHIP Number
- Primary care provider
- Current symptoms
- History of contact with other known or suspected COVID-19 positive person
Hours and locations of our testing centres are listed below:
- Sarnia – School Testing Centre
260 Wellington St.
(Former SCITS High School)
- Forest – School Testing Centre
6276 Townsend Line (Kimball Hall)
- Petrolia – School Testing Centre (for school-aged children only)
3823 Oil Heritage Rd. (Lambton Centennial School)
Learn more about guidance to support a sick child. To prepare your child for a test, review these steps to get a COVID-19 test for children. For more information on COVID-19 testing in Lambton County, visit our website at https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/.
Comments are closed.