Point Edward, ON – The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force met Thursday, February 18 to discuss updates to the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan in Lambton County.
At this meeting, the Task Force:
- Heard the Lambton Immunization Task Force will receive three shipments of COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) in the next two weeks.
- Plans are in place for the Mobile Immunization Team to continue to offer doses to Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes, including second doses for those who received the Moderna vaccine earlier this month.
- Staff and Essential Caregivers at Long-Term Care and High Risk Retirement Homes along with the Highest Priority Healthcare Workers will be offered their first dose of vaccine the week of March 1, 2021 at the following fixed site clinics: Point Edward Arena/Optimist Club Community Hall, Kimball Hall in Forest, and the Wyoming Fairgrounds.
- Hospital affiliated staff will be offered their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at a Bluewater Health specific clinic.
- When those groups are complete (and as more vaccines are provided by the Provincial Government), immunization efforts will move onto the next priority groups in Phase 1 including other healthcare workers in the community.
Note: Lambton Public Health is following the Government of Ontario’s Vaccine Distribution Implementation Plan. Please refer to that website for further information on where you and your family fits in the Provincial vaccine rollout.
- Heard that the Provincial Government is working to roll out an online scheduling system and call centre to coordinate appointment bookings for mass immunization clinics. Stand by for further information.
- Received an update from Lambton Public Health regarding any adverse reactions from the first doses of vaccine given to Long-Term Care home residents. To date, there have been no severe side effects.
- Received an update that Sarnia Transit is modifying their Point Edward route to deliver patrons directly to the Point Edward Arena/Optimist Club Community Hall once that site is opened as an immunization clinic.
Please visit GetTheVaccine.ca to learn more and check back often as information will be updated frequently.
The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force is a group dedicated to the safe, comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine in Lambton County. Led by Lambton Public Health, the group consists of key stakeholders critical to the success of the plan including: Bluewater Health, Emergency Medical Services, Primary Care, Community Emergency Management Coordinators from the City of Sarnia, Village of Point Edward and County of Lambton, Aamjiwnaang First Nation, Kettle and Stony Point First Nation, and Walpole Island First Nation. The Task Force works to make vaccinations available to eligible populations in alignment with the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.