COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout in Lambton
On this page:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Vaccination Registration
- Resources – distribution, safety, efficacy vs effectiveness
- COVID-19 dashboard – weekly update of total immunizations
Current Situation in Lambton
Due to a delay in the delivery of 4,000 doses of Moderna vaccine, Lambton Public Health is regrettably postponing two immunizations clinics this week. Clinics which were originally scheduled in (1) Forest and (2) Brooke-Alvinston-Inwood on Wednesday, April 14 are now rescheduled:
- Forest (Lambton Shores) clinic – now scheduled on Friday April 16
- Brooke-Alvinston-Inwood clinic – now scheduled on Friday April 23
- Details: 12 April 2021 – News Release: Delayed Vaccine Shipment Leads to Clinic Postponements
- Vaccination appointments will continue in Point Edward.
Recent media updates:
- 12 April 2021 – News Release: Reminder re: COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose Appointments
- 10 April 2021 – News Release: Lambton Vaccine Delivery Capacity Outweighs Supply
- 07 April 2021 – News Release: Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force Update – April 6
- 06 April 2021 – CHOK – Morning Show with Sue Storr – Dr. Ranade discusses vaccine progress update, rural pop-up clinics, stricter public health measures, extended time between vaccine doses and vaccine side effects.
Priority Groups and Local Vaccine Supply
COVID-19 vaccination is open to all Phase 1 priority groups and some Phase 2 priority groups, as identified by the provincial government. For a current list of phase 2 eligible individuals please visit the vaccine registration page.
SECOND DOSE – COVID-19 vaccination: a reminder to all individuals that received their first dose back in February and March that the vaccination interval to receive your second dose was moved from 4 weeks to 16 weeks based on the Provincial decision announced in March 2021.
- Please do not attend a clinic prior to the 16 week interval unless you are contacted to book your second dose appointment.
- Second doses for these groups should start to rollout in June 2021 based on the 16 weeks.
- Appointment booking options will be promoted in May for these groups.
It is important to remember the only way to access a COVID-19 vaccination clinic is by appointment which includes a confirmation number.
Hockey Hub Mass Vaccination Site
Join Lambton Public Health for a client walk-thru video of the new Hockey Hub Mass Vaccination Site for COVID-19 in Point Edward, Ontario. Learn about what you need to bring, the various stations and flow through the clinic, and share in the success as a County of Lambton community working together to make it happen.
A special thanks to staff from Bluewater Health, Lambton EMS, Village of Point Edward and amazing support from volunteers working along side of Lambton Public Health for the daily operation of the clinic. Contributions of artwork from schools across the county and historical pieces from Lambton County Archives add a personalized touch for all involved.
Phase 2: Status Update
Timeline: April – July, 2021 – subject to vaccine supply and allocation by the Province to public health regions.
- Older adults
- People who live and work in high-risk congregate settings
- Caregivers in select congregate care settings
- Essential frontline workers who cannot work from home
- Individuals with high-risk chronic conditions
- Essential caregivers
Definitions for each group described on the Government of Ontario website.
Who is Eligible to Register?
For a current list of phase 2 eligible individuals in Lambton County please visit the vaccine registration page. Also note, your local pharmacy may be offering the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for those aged 55 and over. Pharmacy vaccination clinics are not affiliated to Lambton Public Health. Find out more and book your appointment here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
Ask a Question
Please review the current Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) posted about COVID-19 vaccinations and recent updates posted on GetTheVaccine.ca and the vaccine registration page. Reducing repeated questions is important to managing our response times.
Submit your questions through the form below and Lambton Public Health will provide a follow up. We also have designated staff available to take your calls related to COVID-19 vaccines in Lambton County. Call 519-383-8331 or 1-800-667-1839 during business hours – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.