Point Edward, ON – The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force met Tuesday, February 9 to discuss updates to the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan in Lambton County.
At this meeting, the Task Force:
- Heard that Lambton Public Health (LPH) received two small shipments of Moderna vaccine on Friday, February 5 and Monday, February 8, for a total of 700 additional doses.
- This week the Mobile Immunization Team is administering doses of the vaccine to the first of the Phase 1 priority groups including long-term care and high risk retirement home residents, and Indigenous Elder Care residents.
- Heard that on February 8, Lambton Public Health, Lambton County EMS and Bluewater Health participated in a Knowledge Sharing Session with the Provincial government. The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Plan was presented and very well received by officials with the Ministry of Health along with General Rick Hillier’s Vaccine Distribution Task Force.
- During the session LPH took the opportunity to express their desire to know when the next shipment of vaccines will arrive, and requested more clarity from the government on eligibility for the province’s next priority groups in Phase 1 and 2.
- Heard that Lambton Public Health is actively working with the City of Sarnia to find an optimum location to pilot an innovative drive-thru immunization clinic for those with mobility issues. More info to come on this soon.
- Lambton Public Health staff are also working closely with Sarnia Transit to improve public access to the Point Edward Arena when that fixed site immunization clinic opens.
- Heard that Lambton Public Health is also actively exploring options for other temporary mobile clinic sites in the southern part of Lambton County. Further details to come.
Please visit GetTheVaccine.ca to learn more and check back often as information will be updated frequently.
The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force is a group dedicated to the safe, comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine in Lambton County. Led by Lambton Public Health, the group consists of key stakeholders critical to the success of the plan including: Bluewater Health, Emergency Medical Services, Primary Care, Community Emergency Management Coordinators from the City of Sarnia, Village of Point Edward and County of Lambton, Aamjiwnaang First Nation, Kettle and Stony Point First Nation, and Walpole Island First Nation. The Task Force works to make vaccinations available to eligible populations in alignment with the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.