Point Edward, ON – The province has approved the County of Lambton to move to COVID-19 Stage 3 of reopening starting July 24.
“Lambton Public Health would like to remind residents Stage 3 will see increased activity in the community which more than ever requires everyone to be diligent,” says Dr. Sudit Ranade, Lambton’s Medical Officer of Health. “Following the public health safety measures must be considered at every opportunity.”
While progression to Stage 3 of reopening is a reflection of our community’s robust response to COVID-19, the virus is still present in Lambton amidst relaxing restrictions.
Stage 3 Reopening Details:
- Nearly all businesses and public spaces can reopen with proper public health safety measures in place. Select places and activities with increased risk must remain closed until further notice.
- Social gathering limits will increase, subject to physical distancing requirements, including indoor gatherings (maximum of 50 people) and outdoor gatherings (maximum of 100 people).
- Social circle limits remain at a maximum of 10 people.
- Visit Ontario.ca/reopen for full details on Stage 3 reopening.
“Businesses and communities opening or expanding the services they can offer will continue to play an important role in the prevention of the community spread of COVID-19,” adds Kevin Churchill, Manager at Lambton Public Health. “It’s important for all service providers to have a safety plan that protects employees and members of the public.”
Take the appropriate time needed to reopen safely and responsibly. Access the guidance documents and resources to develop your COVID-19 workplace safety plan:
- Provincial resources – covid-19.ontario.ca
- Local resources and contacts – LambtonPublicHealth.ca
Safety includes the following public health measures – stay home when sick, practice physical distancing with others outside your social circle, practice good hand hygiene, and follow all safety measures in place. Individuals, employees and business owners are also reminded of the recommendation to wear a face covering or mask if physical distancing cannot be achieved.
Visit LambtonPublicHealth.ca to access local COVID-19 information and resources.