Every day we rely on our senses to navigate through the world. That’s why it’s important to check the health of our eyes, ears, and teeth on a regular basis.
The health of our mouth is more than sparkling teeth. It’s being able to bite, chew and smile, without pain. It’s also about preventing cancers, gum disease, tooth decay and tooth loss. What you eat and drink, how well you clean your teeth and things like smoking and drinking alcohol can affect your oral health.
Dental, vision and hearing problems can impact your life by affecting your school success, your ability to find work and your quality of life. They can put you at greater risk of injury, and can indicate that you may have other serious medical conditions.
To help care for your eyes, ears, and oral health:
- Visit your dentist and optometrist regularly
- Get your ears checked if you think you are having hearing issues
Lambton Public Health (LPH) supports oral health:
- LPH supports the addition of fluoride in our water to help protect your teeth
- For eligible seniors 65 years or older, LPH can provide free routine dental care
- Annual eye exams by an optometrist are covered by OHIP for anyone 65 years old and older
Your kid’s health
- LPH works with schools to provide vision and dental screening programs
- For eligible children 17 years or under, LPH can help you find access to dental care or provide preventive dental care and help with dental issues
Learn how you can keep your eyes, ears and teeth healthy.