Report your Child’s Vaccines to Public Health
IMMUNIZE CONNECT ONTARIO (ICON)
The fastest and most convenient way to submit and review updated immunization records to avoid the risk of school suspension.
By law, it is the responsibility of a child’s parent/legal guardian to report all vaccinations to Lambton Public Health.
Report Immunization Records
1. REPORT ONLINE
Report immunizations to Lambton Public Health. Upload a picture of your record to ensure accurate records. There will be a time delay before newly submitted information shows up on a downloaded record, as it must be reviewed and accepted by health unit staff. Using ICON is still the quickest way to submit and retrieve records.
To access ICON you’ll need your child’s Ontario Health Card. The system will verify your child’s identity based on the postal code their health card is attached to. The site will prompt you to create a PIN. It is important to write down your PIN and keep it in a safe place. If the incorrect PIN is entered 5 times, your ICON account will be locked until midnight and you won’t be able to try again until 12:01 a.m. the next day. Lambton Public Health cannot unlock accounts.
If you need to reset your PIN, you can do this yourself. There may be a 15 to 30-minute delay before you get the email with a link to reset.
2. MAIL/DROP OFF A COPY
Mail or drop off a copy of your child’s immunization record (e.g. yellow card, printout of full record from your health care provider’s electronic system) to Immunization Records, 160 Exmouth St., Point Edward, ON N7T 7Z6
If you need assistance, contact us by email at email@example.com or call 519-383-8331
Access Immunization Records
Visit the Immunize Connect Ontario (ICON) website to view, save as PDF, or print an immunization record for your child. This record includes any vaccines that have been reported to public health and those that have been administered by public health.
If you need assistance, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-383-8331.
*Note: COVID-19 vaccines are recorded in the provincial system COVax at the time of administration, click to find out how to download proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Children can be exempted for medical reasons, conscience, or religious beliefs. However, a child who is not vaccinated may be excluded from a school or licensed child care due to an outbreak or an immediate risk of an outbreak of a designated disease.
Complete the appropriate steps below for exemptions for children K-12 or in licensed child care. The forms are different depending on the setting and reason for exemption.
Exemption for Religious or Conscience Reasons
If you are choosing not to immunize your school-aged child for religious or conscience reasons, you will need to:
1. Watch the Ontario Ministry of Health Vaccine Education Video – (French version).
2. Complete Public Health’s Vaccine Education Survey to receive a Vaccine Education Certificate.
3. Complete a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form including having it witnessed by a commissioner for taking affidavits.
4. Submit original copies of your Vaccine Education Certificate and your signed Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form to Lambton Public Health by mail or in person.
We will not accept the exemption form without a printed copy of the Vaccine Education Certificate. Keep a copy of both the certificate and the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form for your records.
Exemption for Medical Reasons
If your child cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, you will need to:
1. Have your health care provider complete and sign the Statement of Medical Exemption form.
2. Submit the completed form to Public Health by mail or in person.
3. Keep a copy for your records.
Children in Licensed Childcare
If you are choosing not to immunize your child care-aged child for religious or conscience reasons, you will need to:
1. Complete a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief for Child Form including having it witnessed by a commissioner for taking affidavits.
2. Submit original copies of your signed Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form to Lambton Public Health by mail or in person.
3. Keep a copy for your records.
Please note these forms will expire when your child begins school. Follow the process above to complete a new exemption once your child is in school. Note: LPH will only accept exemption forms that are completed no earlier than the calendar year that the child will be entering school.