What do I need to do if we received a school suspension letter?
A school suspension letter has been sent because the immunization status and records for the student are not on file. Suspension date is Tuesday March 3rd, 2020. To avoid having your child suspended from school on this date, please ensure to do one of the following:
- Report Immunization(s) – If the student has received the immunization or an exemption was processed, please update our records by reporting the information to Lambton Public.
- Immunizations received
- Exemptions processed
- All information is verified by Lambton Public Health
- Receive Immunization(s) – If the student is overdue for an immunization please plan to receive the immunization or process an exemption, and report them to Lambton Public Health.
- Contact your health-care provider to book an appointment
- If you don’t have a health-care provider, attend a walk-in clinic at Lambton Public Health:
- Friday February 28th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday March 2nd from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
What information/records should I bring to Lambton Public Health?
To report any updated immunizations or to attend any walk-in clinic, please bring your child’s immunization information:
- Ontario yellow immunization card
- Other immunizations records
Learn more about immunization requirements and reporting options.
How do I clear my child’s suspension on or after the date of suspension?
Suspensions begin Tuesday March 3rd, 2020.
Students will be removed from the suspension list once their immunization information is reported to Lambton Public Health and the records are verified as being up-to-date. Lambton Public Health will provide the school with an updated school suspension list prior to the start of each school day.
You can report your child’s immunization records:
- Visit our main office at 160 Exmouth Street, Point Edward between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Call 519-383-8331 ext. 3594
- Directly through eHealth Ontario
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 519-383-7092
Children can be exempted for medical reasons, conscience or religious beliefs. Learn more about the exemption process. If you have questions please contact Lambton Public Health.