Substance Use Resources for Health Care Professionals
Substance Use Resources
Lambton Public Health provides access to a range of non-judgmental services to help individuals reduce the risk of substance-related harms and other health issues.
Evidence-informed guidance and tools to help individuals manage their alcohol consumption.
CCSA Screening Tools
CCSA Guidance on Alcohol & Health
Referral & Treatment Resources:
CCSA Alcohol Use Disorder Resources
Evidence-informed guidance and tools to help individuals manage their cannabis consumption.
CUDIT-R Cannabis Use Disorder Test
• Canada’s Lower-Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines for Adults
• Lower-Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines for Youth
Referral & Resources:
Opioids – Harm Reduction Program & Naloxone Kits
The Harm Reduction Program at Lambton Public Health provides access to a range of non-judgmental services to help reduce the risk of blood-borne infections, overdose, and other health issues.
For information on programs and services through Lambton Public Health:
Harm Reduction Program – Overdose Kits, Syringes, Sharps Box, Condoms
All patients who smoke should be encouraged to quit and offered support for quitting on every encounter with a health care provider.
Tobacco Screening & Assessment:
• Smoking Cessation Toolkit
Tobacco Brief Intervention:
• Lower Risk Nicotine Use Guidelines
Tobacco Referral & Resources:
• Quit Smoking Supports
• Smokers’ Helpline
Support patients who want to quit vaping (i.e., people seeking treatment who use e-cigarettes or who use both e-cigarettes and tobacco).
Vaping Screening & Assessment
• Vaping Cessation Guidance Resource
Vaping Referral & Resources
• Youth Vaping Cessation
• Smokers’ Helpline
Health Care Professionals
• Canadian Centre for Substance Use and Addiction (Cannabis)
• Canadian Centre for Substance Use and Addiction (Alcohol)
Individuals & Families
• DrugfreeKids Canada
• Self-management online tools and resources
• Communicating about Substance Use in Compassionate, Safe, and Non-Stigmatizing Ways
• Consider the Consequences of Vaping
Quit Vaping Supports for Youth/Young Adults