Children 6 months and older are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
- What are the reasons to vaccinate my young child against COVID-19 (July 14, 2022)
- FAQ Timing of COVID-19 Vaccines for Young Children (6mo and Older) (July 14, 2022)
- NACI statement on Immunizing children 6month – <5
Recommended timeline for receiving a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine:
- 56 days (8 weeks) after the first dose
Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect your children, family, and community from the spread and severity of infectious diseases, whether it is seasonal influenza or childhood infections such as chickenpox. While many people infected with COVID-19 experience only mild illness, others may get a severe illness or even die. There is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you or your child, even if you are not at an increased risk of severe complications
A variety of family-friendly community clinics, school-based clinics, primary care providers and pharmacies are offering the vaccine to eligible children in Lambton County.
- Book your child’s vaccination appointment to secure a time or simply walk-in: